Grain Elevators in Kansas

As I traveled through Kansas on minor roads, I took photos of the grain elevators in the towns that I went through. Every small town that sits along a railroad track has at least one, sometimes two. Don't ask me what made me take on this little project. I have no idea. But it was an idea that I had before I left New Hampshire.
 The really large white concrete structures an be seen from miles away across the plains. They give you a visual sense of how far it might be to the next gas station. It also occurs to me that they would make a great medium for huge murals if someone would link artists with the farmers' coops that own them.

You can see the photos at the following URL:
 http://picasaweb.google.com/doughallnh/GrainElevatorsInKansas#

No comments:

Post a Comment