Preparation and departure day Thursday, November 10

I don't want to take too much STUFF on this trip. Pack lightly.

But.... yes, I'll take hiking boots, a tent, sleeping bag, and mat. Yes I'll take the binoculars.  Yes I'll take a digital tire pressure gauge.  Yes, I'll take a pillow to sleep in the car.  Yes, the laptop, camera, cell phone, ipod, and 4 (!!!) different chargers and connecting cables.  How many books should I take? Will I really have any time to read? A box of old family photos for my sister. A crossword puzzle book. A winter parka for the really cold weather. Will I need gloves anywhere? A spring jacket for the American south. Raincoat. Small backpack for hiking. A huge umbrella and Gore-tex raincoat (why do I need both?). The "Let's Go Roadtripping USA" book with its wonderful suggestions of small town sites and eateries is a must. .....

Kate is making cookies AND brownies for me to take along.  Yum, yum.

Really now, will there be room for me in the car?

Here is a nice photo of our house as I get ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment